Engineer: A Static Website Generator for Fellow Engineers¶
Are you looking for documentation on the pre-release version of Engineer? If so, you can find them here: https://engineer.readthedocs.org/en/latest/.
- The current release version of Engineer is version 0.5.1.
- This documentation is for version 0.5.1.dev130.
At its core, Engineer is a static website generator. In other words, Engineer let’s you build a website from a bunch of files - articles written in Markdown, templates, and other stuff - and outputs another bunch of files - HTML, mostly - that you can then copy wherever you want. It has some very nice Features that will make you happy, but it’s not for everybody.
The Engineer documentation is a work in progress. It is by-and-large up-to-date and the most relevant sections are complete, but some of the more ‘advanced’ sections are not yet complete.
Bugs and Feature Roadmap¶
If you find any bugs in Engineer please file an issue in the Github issue tracker (or fork and fix it yourself and send me a pull request). Feature ideas and other feedback are welcome as well!
- Upgrading to Engineer 0.5.0
- Getting Started
- Settings Files
- Included Plugins
- Engineer Commandline
- Deploying Engineer Sites
- EMMA: Engineer Miniature Management Automaton
- Compatibility With Other Static Site Generators
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do I...
- ...change my site theme?
- ...customize my site’s navigation links?
- ...use a custom RSS feed URL, e.g. Feedburner?
- ...add a flat page, like an ‘about’ or ‘contact’ page?
- ...hook up Google Analytics (or another analytics system)?
- ...add a favicon or robots.txt file?
- ...put my site at a non-root path on my domain, such as
- How Do I...
- Release Notes
- version 0.6.0 -
- version 0.5.1 - May 28, 2014
- version 0.5.0 - April 10, 2014
- version 0.4.6 - February 19, 2014
- version 0.4.5 - October 2, 2013
- version 0.4.4 - June 23, 2013
- version 0.4.3 - December 10, 2012
- version 0.4.2 - December 10, 2012
- version 0.4.1 - December 4, 2012
- version 0.4.0 - November 28, 2012
- version 0.3.2 - August 18, 2012
- version 0.3.1 - August 5, 2012
- version 0.3.0 - July 22, 2012
- version 0.2.4 - May 27, 2012
- version 0.2.3 - May 6, 2012
- version 0.2.2 - April 30, 2012
- version 0.2.1 - April 28, 2012
- version 0.2.0 - April 22, 2012
- version 0.1.0 - March 13, 2012
- The Build Pipeline
- Creating Your Own Themes
- Command Plugins